Jailbreaking iPhones has been there since the time of the original iPhone. In 2007, George Hotz (Geohot), an American hacker jailbroke the original iPhone. His motivation was to remove carrier restrictions from the device. Nowadays, you don’t have to be a hacker to jailbreak your iOS device. We have advanced, easy-to-use and completely untethered jailbreaks.
Luca Todesco (qwertyoruiop), has managed to jailbreak the new iPhone 7. It took him around 24 hours to exploit some bugs and vulnerabilities in the iOS 10 running on the iPhone 7. He was able to gain “root” privileges on the Apple device.
“They definitely made my life harder,” he told Motherboard. “The iPhone 7 is a step in the right direction. Obviously, it’s not 100 percent secure—like nothing else is.”
Todesco won’t be revealing how he jailbroke the iPhone 7 until Apple releases a patch for the vulnerabilities. He is planning to submit his finding in Apple’s bug bounty program. Till then, he will work on making the jailbreak smoother.
It is believed that Todesco is the first person to have successfully jailbroken the iPhone 7 but other people will figure out the method soon. It’s possible, some people might’ve done that already but they haven’t revealed their findings.
“I don’t but given his track record, I wouldn’t be surprised,” an Apple spokesperson said when asked if Apple knows whether Todesco’s jailbreak is legit.
Todesco is not a first-time jailbreaker.
- IPhone X Goes For N470,000 Apple Finally Reveals It’s Best Ever Smartphone (Photos)
- 5 Types of Nigerians Who Own an iPhone7
- See The Six (6) Exciting Things About iPhone X
- Apple Introduces The iPhone 6S & iPhone 6S Plus – PHOTO
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs iPhone 8 suffered an embarrassing defeat
- 5 Things We Love About iPhones
- 2face Gets Customized Iphone 6 From Malivelihood As Gift For His 40th Birthday (Pic)
- APPLE OFFICIALLY UNVEILS THE IPHONE X ALONGSIDE OTHER AMAZING DEVICES [SEE PHOTOS & PRICE]
- Chinese people complaining about their iPhone catching fire
- MI’s Rendezvous Album Hit #1 in Less Than 72 hours