Senate President met with PDP caucus and asked for peace with the agitated PDP members who were threatening all manner of things..
Following the dispute that ensued between the Senate President Bukola Saraki and the Peoples Democratic Party senators in the Senate yesterday, the Senate President on Thursday met with members of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) caucus to seek for peace.
The Senate President was forced by circumstances to attend the PDP caucus meeting with some of his top loyalists in the APC, to seek for peace with the aggrieved PDP members who were threatening fire and brimstone for the support he gave to the defected former PDP member, which did not go down well with the party, The Independent reported.
It would be recalled that the PDP senators threatened to withdraw their support for the Senate President because of the role in sustaining the defection of Senator Omogunwa which the PDP senators considered unconstitutional.
Senator Yele Omogunwa had defected from the PDP to the All Progressives Congress yesterday which forced PDP lawmakers to walk out of the chamber in protest.
- Executive/legislative face-off: APC meets Senate caucus Tuesday
- PDP: Sheriff, Makarfi agree to cease fire
- Senate Considers Rejecting Buhari’s Ambassadorial Nominees
- PDP denies alleged rift between Jonathan, Dickson
- Buhari won’t change position on Magu – Presidency source
- Bayelsa PDP faults plan to takeover by Jonathan to hijack party
- Senator Adolphus Wabara To Discuss On National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party
- PDP workers get 25% salary
- $29.9b Loan: Senators Sets Another Huddle For Pres. Buhari
- Senate President Saraki Finally Eats Humble Pie, Reaches Out To Ahmed Tinubu