UGHELLI—DARE-devil robbers, weekend, attacked an Ughelli branch of Union Bank, and carted away N25 million after blowing up the bank’s vault with dynamite.
It was gathered that the hoodlums, who were dressed in army camouflage, used dynamite and welding tools to break into the ATM inside the bank and the bank’s vault, where a bulk of the cash was kept.
An auditor of the bank, who was sent from the Benin regional office for the regular auditing of the bank’s branch, estimated that about N25 million was stolen from the bank.
Confirming the incident yesterday, a staff of the bank, who spoke on condition of anonymity, disclosed that the bank’s manager and some senior staff were arrested and taken to Asaba for questioning in connection with the incident.
Giving details of the incident, the staff said: “The security guards were tied up while the operation lasted.
“Though they spared the ATM outside the bank premises, they used dynamite to blow up the ATM inside the bank and drilled their way through into the bank’s vault.”
- The devil of economy recession pushed me into the crime – Cleaner who stole N5.675m from Diamond Bank
- Robbers Broke ATM In EBSU, Cart Away Over N10m
- Awoof! Bank Accidentally Puts $6 Billion Into Customer’s Account
- Not Another! Skye Bank fires 200 staff
- Robbers Attack Unity Bank Otun Branch, Ekiti, Kill At Least 3 People (Photos)
- 30m collected from diezani is not bribe – Ex-INEC officer
- Former Oceanic Bank Staff Sentenced To 195 Years In Jail For N21m Fraud (Photo)
- Former INEC staff give details on Diezani 30m cash
- Mad Man Destroys ATM With Hammer, Customers Take To Their Heels
- Heritage Bank Suspends
Indefinitely Over Financial