Timehin Jinadu, a 16-year-old teenage boy was on Monday morning, reportedly burnt to death when a four bedroom duplex in the Lekki area caught fire.
According to P.M News, the fire started at about 2 a.m on Monday in a duplex at 35C, Ajiran Road, Agungi area of Lekki. The deceased’s family was reportedly sleeping when the fire began.
Continue to see the tragic story of how this boy died:
Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe, said that the fire service station was called at around 2 am and responded promptly to the call. The fire service succeeded in rescuing three people from the duplex of four bedrooms.
Speaking on the incident, Fadipe said:
The body of a 16-year old Timehin was discovered at the bathroom roasted. It might be that the boy ran to the bathroom to escape from the fire but had nowhere to go to after that
Fadipe believes that the fire was caused by a power surge after light was restored in the night to the area. He also added that the father of the boy and two other children inhaled smoke which made them unconscious and had to be rushed to the hospital.