Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL), announced the postponement of their Federation Cup trophy, because of the unavailability of Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano.
The Nnewi-based team defeated Nasarawa United on penalties, to emerge winner of the oldest cup competition in Nigeria and will play in the CAF Confederation Cup next season.
“FC IfeanyiUbah wishes to inform its teeming supporters and the good people of Anambra state that the Federation Cup victory and trophy tour which was earlier billed to hold on Wednesday 16th November, 2016 has been postponed,” a statement on club website read.
“This is due to the unavoidable absence of the governor of Anambra State, H.E. Chief Willie Obiano who wishes to be part of the ceremony in support of the team but will not be disposed to participate tomorrow owing to some pressing engagements which will be taking him out of the State.
The trophy parade was initially scheduled for November 16, but will now take place at a latter date.
“In a bid to accommodate the plans of the State Government for the ceremony, the Federation Cup victory and trophy tour will now hold on Wednesday, 23rd November, 2016.”
- Anambra Traders vow to resist attempt to rig guber polls
- We don’t owe anybody salaries, pensions, or gratuities – Anambra govt denies
- Stop ridiculing Christianity you failed promise on – UPP tells Willie Obiano
- Heartfelt! Truck Run Over Woman And Grand Child In Anambra (Graphic Photos)
- Onitsha fire: 168 people homeless, 13 building, 16 vehicles, 3 filling stations, property worth millions destroyed
- US Consular General, Bray, Tuface preach non-violence
- Golden Eaglets To Collect N20K Each For Winning U/17 World Cup
- What Happened to Onitsha ShopRite??
- Anambra State election’ll be a tight race – Nwoye
- Jighere Wellington wins Scrabble championship