Head coach of Nigeria’s senior women national team, Florence Omagbemi, has admitted that Ghana gave her side a tough match on Wednesday at the ongoing African Women Cup of Nations in Cameroon.
The Falcons were held to a 1-1 draw in Limbe, a result which keeps them on top of Group B.
However, Omagbemi was not too pleased with some of the referee’s decisions and insists Nigeria deserved at least one penalty in the match.
She said: “The game was great and both teams played well. Ghana gave us a good match and it was an impressive game. But the foul on Asisat Oshoala was a clear penalty in my own assessment. I was disappointed in the referee not making the call.”
Omagbemi also denied that the Falcons were overconfident going into the game, after they thrashed Mali 6-0 in their first match .
“Today, we played against a good team and it was a good match by both teams. A draw (1-1) is not a bad result. We played well and were not expecting to draw. I am looking forward to the game with Kenya and get a good result. We just want to play convincingly against Kenya and hopefully top the group,” she said.
- Ancelotti: “It’ll be exciting about the championships league Draw”
- FA Cup semi-final draw: When is it, how to watch and what number is each team?
- Zidane: Hot balls? I just laugh when people mention it
- ‘Barca in very high spirits for Juve’
- Pioli: Exceptional Inter performance
- We had to respond – that’s what we did
- Game: Use the last 3 digits of your phone number to predict the UCL match!
- VIDEO: Tottenham Vs Liverpool 1-1 All Goals & Highlights 2016
- We have two doors open for the Champions League’ – Mourinho
- Leandro Bacuna handed six-game ban for abusing official