Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has released a former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, The PUNCH can confirm.
A source said, “The EFCC just released Senator Obanikoro around 5pm. He is on his way home now.”
The PUNCH had reported exclusively that the former minister had met all his bail conditions on Thursday night and the commission was processing his release.
Obanikoro, who was arrested on October 17, was accused of receiving N4.7bn through the Office of the National Security Adviser in 2014.
He was said to have pocketed N785m while the balance was given to Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State and Senator Iyiola Omisore who was the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State in 2014.
Obanikoro was said to have returned N100m and pledged to return N480m while his American and Nigerian passports were submitted to the EFCC.
- Obanikoro to Testify Against Gov. Fayose over an Alleged N4.7bn Fraud
- Obanikoro in trouble as EFCC discovers N450m poll cash scandal
- Obanikoro’s N40m Refund Cheque To EFCC Bounces
- PDP Party May Move Against Governor Fayose On Presidency
- EFCC Shuts Down N200m Mansion in Abuja Belonging to Fayose’s Sister
- Prince Dayo Adeyeye resigns as Ekiti varsity Pro-Chancellor
- EFCC Releases Omisore After 19 Days In Detention
- Check Out Photo of Governors Olusegun Mimiko and Fayose in Ondo that Make People Talking
- Federal High Court orders EFCC to defreeze Fayose’s account
- Sanusi hails Fayose for reviving education in Ekiti