Troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE on patrol from Bama to Pulka, intercepted suspected Boko Haram terrorists drugs and other logistics suppliers from Firgi and Zawan axis, Bama Local Governmnet Area of Borno State, at suspected Boko Haram terrorists crossing point, trying to cross into Sambisa forest today afternoon.
The troops pursued them but were only able to apprehend Kadiri Umate, 35 years, while others fled into the bush. The patrol team recovered 35 packets of 500ml of Glocose Intravenous infusion (Drip), assorted analgenics and pain killer drugs, clothes, bathroom slippers, insecticides, salt, kolanuts and a bicycle.
The suspect is undergoing preliminary investigations.
In a related development, a suspected Boko Haram terrorists logistics and fuel supplier, Fantoma Lasani was arrested today by troops in conjunction with Civilian JTF at Muna garage when he came to pick his wife to finally relocate out of Maiduguri.
The suspect who hailed from Flatari village, Bama Local Government Area, is among some unpatriotic elements in the society that had been supplying Boko Haram terrorists with Premium Motor Spirit and Automative Gas Oil in Bama, Gwoza and Sambisa general area.
Thank you for your kind cooperation.
Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
- Boko Haram Members Surrender To Troops As They Rescue More Villagers (Photos)
- Troops Kill Notorious Boko Haram Commander, Capture Ring Leader (PHOTOS)
- Boko Haram Spy Shot Dead While Trying to Enter a Military Location (Graphic Photos)
- Army arrest 4 fleeing Boko Haram members with 100 motorcycles
- PHOTOS: Troops Destroy Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents
- See The Weapons Soldiers Recovered After Repelling Boko Haram Attack In Sambisa (Photos)
- Army Arrest Boko Haram Kingpin, Rescue More Women (Photos)
- Photo: Scores Of Boko Haram Members Surrender
- Nigerian Troops Record Great Victory As They Clear Boko Haram Camps (Graphic Photo)
- Five soldiers killed, three missing in Boko Haram attack – Army