On Thursday, Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, said that no member of his family ever reached the ripe age of 70 years.
He spoke in Yola at an event organized to mark his 70th birthday by students of American University of Nigeria Academy and Primary schools.
“It is a milestone in my life because nobody in my family has ever lived up to 70 years,” Abubakar said.
He lauded the students for “the surprise of a birthday bash’’ and reiterated his commitment to continue to support education in the country.
The former vice president called on the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) to suspend the ongoing warning strike for the sake of Nigerian students.
He said that education was the backbone of development, stressing that nothing should be done to jeopardise education.
- UNIJOS Begs ASUU To Suspend strike
- Cybermetrics Ranks OAU Best Varsity In Nigeria
- ASUU Embark On One Week Warning Strike – Nov 16th
- JAMB – Nigerian Politicians Should Let There Children’s Stay In The Country For Studing
- Buhari Decorates New Service Chiefs, Orders Military To Defeat Boko Haram
- OAU Workers Back Buhari’s Dissolution Of Governing Council
- What ASUU And FG Agreed Upon To Suspend Strike
- ASUU strike under-go as unions shut down Kaduna State University
- Admission: Jamb Releases The List Of Most Selected Universities 2016
- ASUU Are Yet To Fix Meeting To Consider Government’s Offer – Official